Monday, June 1, 2009

New Orleans Muffelata





Hello Friends..


I used the last loaf of my Artisan Bread and made a favorite sandwich of mine to take to a girlfriends house for lunch. It got rav reviews! Not just the sandwich but she was in love with the bread! I explained how I did it and she was not totally convinced that it could be done as easily as I had described! Here's the picture of my sandwich along with the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!


New Orleans Muffelatta:

1/2# sliced baked ham
1/2# hard salami, sliced thin
1/4#provolone cheese, sliced thin
Olive topping (recipe to follow)
10" round loaf of Bread sliced horizontally in half.
Directions:

1. Cut bread horizontally in half.
2. Brush bottom layer with 1T. olive oil
3. Layer half of ham...then half of salami...all of cheese...the rest of ham..the rest of salami.
4. Scoop out some of the bread from the top piece.
5. Add mayo to bread top. Spoon olive topping over mayo.
6. Turn the two halves together to create sandwich.
7. Slice into wedges and enjoy.
NOTE: I usually let sandwich sit for 20 minutes for everything to meld together...then slice.
OLIVE TOPPING:

1/3c. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4t. Black pepper
1t. oregano
4T. fresh parsley,chopped
1 small can chopped black olives
1 10oz jar of salad olives w pimentos,chopped up
Mix all ingredients and put into a container. Cover. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before using. NOTE: Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 2 weeks-then discard.
Enjoy...
Michelle












2 comments:

  1. Muffelata! You don't find many of those in California. Thanks for the memories of my Southern youth. GREG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!
    I nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award, come to my site and see!!!

    Kim, Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet

    ReplyDelete