Friday, May 22, 2009

Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day


"Yeah,right! Real, fresh,homemade bread in 5 minutes? I don't think so!" I thought to myself. But it seemed Twitter was buzzing about it. Doughmesstic was giving away a copy of the book on her blog. I entered but didn't win. But, the more I read about the book, the more interesting it sounded! Then, much to my surprise,ZoeFrancois tweeted me about it...the coauthor herself!Check her out at http://www.zoebakes.com. She offered help and answered a couple of questions for me and the next thing I knew, I had ordered it from Amazon! When it arrived a few days later, I read thru it, made a list of supplies I needed and off I went! The next morning I pulled out all my ingredients and mixed up my first batch of dough.I put it into a container and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning,I pulled the container out and pinched off enough dough to make my 1st loaf. A couple of hours later I pulled a small loaf that smelled wonderful! You see,I should have pinched off enough dough the size of a grapefruit but I pinched off an orange! Results: small loaf but great tasting! Then I made this loaf, my second one.I was so proud when I puled it out of the oven! It looks as good as the ones at Panera's Breads!! I had done it...and it was easy! This book is a must have item. It has excellent directions and pictures of different steps. It will give anyone the confidence to try the method! I love it and it has so many different breads in it.I will be trying more of these recipes soon! What is really great about this technique is that it is very rewarding for beginners! I am really happy with my results! No more store bought, preservative-laden breads for me...I will be baking my own from now on!

1 comment:

  1. I found out I am getting that book for my birthday, I cannot wait! Trying to convince the MIL that it would be better to have an early birthday for me... she is not buying it! LOL Blog looking good Michelle!

    ReplyDelete