Friday, May 22, 2009

Quilts and Cakes...the comforts of life!




The quilt is for a new baby about to enter the world,Adyson. Her mom, Tisha, wanted Brown and Pink. That seems to be the going color scheme these days for baby girls so I made this for her. "Quilts are created---blankets are bought." I have uttered this phrase over and over but I believe it to be true. A blanket provided warmth...period. A quilt keeps you cozy, makes you feel loved and just gets softer and softer with use, tears, washings. It'll make you feel better when you're sick or sore or just blue. I love my quilts...just like I love my comfort foods. This cake from twitterfriend, Donna is just that...comfort food! I tried the recipe for Cream Cheese Pound Cake on her Blog, http://www.waymorehomemaderecipes.blogspot.com/ and it was delicious! Mine got alittle too brown but it still tasted fantastic! (Lesson learned: You shouldn't be on the computer while you are baking!) Next time, I'll set the timer! The directions were good and the results are delicious! Try it. Thanks for the recipe, Donna!

1 comment:

  1. I love it with the touch of powdered sugar on top. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete