Friday, May 22, 2009

Dimensional Garden




The original concept for this art quilt was a study in color theory and this was my final result. All the flowers are three dimensional and hand appliqued onto the background fabric. This is one of my best creations,I believe. I love the feeling of a summer garden and everyone that sees it is amazed at the dimension the flowers have. The center is the Lily of the Valley and I included a close up photo so you could see the flowers on the quilt. I enjoy making one-of-a-kind art quilts as much as I enjoy giving quilts to friends. I have never made any two quilts alike...each one is unique.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! It takes a lot of talent and patience to make something so beautiful. Your blog is looking great! I like the color scheme. It's easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete