Wednesday, May 13, 2009

True Friendship

Everyone has someone like her in their lives. She enters your life. Stands quietly in the shadows. Offers words of advice and encouragement without ever laying eyes on you. Yesterday was my Birthday-I turned 51 yrs old and woke up feeling blue. What had I accomplished in my life? I wasn't rich...I wasn't famous...I was just me. Sure I have a loving family, good friends but what had I done to make the world a better place? Nothing came to mind. I was brought up to be a kind person, thoughtful of others,compassionate and giving. All traits I value in others. I believe what goes around, comes around and treat others as you want to be treated. I recited all those motivating words of wisdom to myself but nothing got me up and doing something. So, I went onto Twitter and instantly cheered up. One of my friends @cre8tivekitchen sent me several messages on how to set up a blog. I decided to give it a try and I am glad I did! It motivated me and I got enthusiastic about learning something new. I feel like a child with a new toy! I love it. And I have Brenda to thank for that! Sometimes we don't have enough faith in ourselves but we need to push past the fear and try...if I fall,I fall! But I will get up and try again. Thank you Brenda for having confidence that I could do it. I still have a long way to go to make this blog something I am truly proud of but I will continue on trying and improving with each obstacle I encounter along the way. We all have a "Brenda" in our lives...we just haven't needed her yet. I hope I am someone's "Brenda"on day! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment