Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Granny

Good Morning Friends...
My first experience doing a blog and the question, What do I write about?" comes to mind. I have so many wonderful memories of family and friends that have passed through my life.But, the first and most important is how I got my Blog name. When I was a child, there was nothing better than being in the kitchen with my grandmother while she made her mouth-watering dishes. I was always amazed that this woman never used measuring spoons or cups and everything was perfectly seasoned and a treat to the taste buds. I thought she was possessed by some cooking witch for a long time until I finally understood that it was love that guided her. She just had a feel for how much to add that was uncanny. And everything that came out of that kitchen looked great and smelled wonderful! She had a gift and I always wanted to be as good as she was! For many years,I was too busy to experiment in the kitchen with small kids,activities and work; cooking for fun just didn't figure into my lifestyle. Now, my kids are grown and I have the time to play. My family and friends love what I cook and my favorite critic is my 5 year old grandson who loves to work in the kitchen with me! It's like looking back in time to my granny and I working together. I treasure these moments as am sure she treasured them long ago. But with modern technology, I can document these memories and recipes and the good times we have. I hope you enjoy reading these posts. It's my way of sharing something simple yet special times in my life with all of you! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment